Admin Asst - Philanthropy Dept.
Rochester, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Come work with our Philanthropy team in this incredible role!
YMCA of Greater Rochester
Rochester, NY 14604
Under the general direction of the Assistant to the President, the Administrative Assistant is responsible to provide high-level administrative and project-related support to the Vice President of Philanthropy and the Philanthropy Department. Prepares gift acknowledgement letters and receipts, and records acknowledgments and receipts in donor database and soft files. Responsible for accurate calendar management. Provides event planning and execution support for donor events and recognition programs. Schedules and executes meeting arrangements including materials preparation and managing presentation needs - PowerPoint, video, etc. Arranges travel schedules, reservations, and conference participation. The position is responsible for demonstrating YMCA leadership competencies to ensure the mission, purpose, image and core values of the YMCA of Greater Rochester is conveyed.
• Must be at least 21 years or older and possess a high school diploma or GED.
• At least three years' experience in administrative support
• Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as proofreading skills are a must.
• Must have the ability to prioritize workload and resolve problems, be highly attentive to detail and follow through, be aware of deadlines and organize workload to meet them.
• Must be able to work independently, as well as collaboratively with staff.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and data base software system.
• Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge software a plus.
• Must be able to sit or stand for extended duration.
• Must be able to bend and stoop occasionally.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds occasionally
• Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Philanthropy and philanthropy department.
• Responsible for accurate calendar management requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants understanding priorities for time management.
• Make travel arrangements including conference registrations and prepare travel materials.
• Schedule and execute meeting arrangements including venue and menu selection, A/V requirements, coordinate schedules of attendees, create or assemble reports and presentations.
• Reconcile credit card statements, process invoices for payment and track expenses to special account.
• Track acknowledgment letter approval/signature process prepare letters for CEO/ VP's handwritten signature, mail letters, and record acknowledgments in donor database and soft files. Generate special acknowledgments and stewardships as needed for all major donors. Create post-event notes and other related acknowledgment activities.
• Process daily gifts received and fulfill information requests; generate reports in Raiser's Edge as requested
• Maintain accurate files on donors, and potential prospects; organize, coordinate and maintain the integrity of database and soft filing system.
• Manage lists, tracking spreadsheet and data entry as needed to manage recruitment activities (calls, emails, letters).
• Provide event planning and execution support for donor events and recognition programs throughout the year. Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc. Regularly updates VP and staff of event, attendance status and RSVP follow-up; provide event logistical support leading up to each event/trip.
• Information gathering for the department; assist with prospect research and proposal development for individuals and foundations.
• Assist with coordination of annual employee United Way Campaign.
• Attend all required meetings, branch events, and trainings.
• All other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply Apply Online
Opens in a new window