Admin Assistant - Bassetlaw
Anonymous 8.19 British Pound . GBP Per hour
Worksop, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Job type: contract
Job industry: Administration
Our client is seeking an Admin Assistant - Bassetlaw on the initial 4 month contract with the possibility of an extension.
18.45 hours per week
Wednesday - Friday
To provide an efficient, comprehensive and confidential administrative service to the Bassetlaw Community Teams within the Adult Mental Health Directorate.
To provide Reception services to service users/carers/staff and visitors to the unit as required.
To cover in the absence of colleagues as required.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- To undertake surveys and audits as necessary in own area of work.i.e. complete and submit on a weekly basis an individual workload audit
- To undertake administrative duties as required by the AMH Community Teams.
- To provide a full reception service to service users/carers/visitors and staff.
- Providing cover and support, working as a team within the Bassetlaw secretariat and to provide specific cover for the Community Teams.
- To receive and make internal and external telephone calls from staff, service users, members of the public and external agencies ensuring that messages received are appropriately signposted and actioned.
- To update, amend and maintain diary and meeting room schedules, ensuring that conflicting and amended appointments are actioned appropriately,
- To type letters, memoranda and other documentation as required.
- To source and précis information as required.
- To organise, attend and produce accurate minutes for internal departmental meetings as required, including the collation of papers and agenda items
- To maintain an efficient filing system including brought forward items to ensure that deadlines for responses are met.
- To deal with enquiries/visitors.
- To liaise and deal with all external agencies, clients and carers on a face to face basis
- To order non stock items as required.
- To timely input, update and maintain information on the patient database.
Skills and Experience-
- OCR/text processing Level II or equivalent
- GCSE English Language (minimum of Grade C) or equivalent or educated to NVQ Level 2 standard.
- Experience of using Microsoft office packages
- Experience of working with computer databases
- Understanding of data protection and maintaining strict confidentiality
- Previous experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Recent audio typewriting experience
- Minute taking experience is desirable
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Self motivated and conscientious
- Excellent time management skills.
- To be flexible in the role to work / cover at other sites to support the demands of the service
- Experience of dealing with people, to maintain a high level of customer care
Where this post meets the definition of 'Regulated activity' a defined in Safeguarding Groups & Freedoms of Protections, the post will be subject to a CRB Disclosure check at the point of recruitment and thereafter, as the Trust determines appropriate