Actuarial Manager, Financial Analytics - HSBC Life
Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Other
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at HSBC. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their futures.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Actuarial Manager.
- Be responsible for daily actuarial working, mainly financial reporting and other actuarial analytic related issues
- Provide support to other teams as needed and work with Chief Actuarys Office to provide key analytical services
- Comply with regulatory requirement and IHO risk management framework including IFIM
- Support Actuarial Analytics and Model teams in implement the new methodology, assumption and model development
- Ensure the proper control in place as complied with the SOX and IHO standards
- Identify any area of process streamline and execute appropriate enhancement on the day to day work flow
- Coordinate with Finance and Chief Actuary Office in supporting the earning forecast and analysis
- Supervise and train junior staff
- Conduct day to day actuarial work for the financial reporting and other actuarial analytic related issues
- Prepare the regulatory filings to authorities and industry bodies, including forms and dynamic solvency test
- Ensure that the financial reporting work is compliance with the External and Internal Audit
- Provide support to Model and Actuarial Analytics teams, including valuation of new product conversion onto the Prophet system, implementation of new methodology and assumptions and conduct the UAT in accordance with Group standards
- Provide support on the actuarial items, reserves or PVIF, and MI information under various reporting basis, statutory and IFRS, for various stakeholders, including Risk, Local Business and IHO Support the earning forecast and analysis
- Extensive experience in an actuarial role at a global insurance firm University graduate in Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Business Finance or related discipline
- Qualified Actuaries preferred
- Corporate actuarial may be an advantage
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.