Acct Mgr, Health & Wellness Client-Team Sports
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
THE JOB / Account Manager, Health and Wellness Client - Team Sports Partnership
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for planning and execution event and experiential marketing programs.
Do you have an authentic passion for building branded experiences that drive consumer engagement and affiliation? Do you enjoy the process of conceptualizing all of the various details required to bring an event to life? Are you looking for meaningful work that is also cause-related? If this sounds interesting, we'd love for you to consider this role working for our client who is a leader in the health & wellness category.
As our Account Manager you will spearhead the planning and execution of an exciting new partnership with a California-based NBA team for our client. You'll help develop programs across a range of events - basketball games, concerts, community events, festivals, concerts, you name it!
As a key contributor focused on our client's professional sports team partnership, you'll lead the strategic development and execution of activations, with an emphasis on planning, implementing, and recapping outcomes. You'll be able to apply your people management skills, lead projects independently and showcase event marketing savvy through this unique opportunity.
And while we're building a San Francisco based team, we know traffic can be the pits; so we're open to candidates across the Bay Area! Don't let location hold you back from applying.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Lead all planning and execution for 50 events, including development of activation plans, measurement/tracking tools and recap decks
- Conduct pre-planning, management, and implementation for events including vendor research, merchandise management, event communications
- Run the execution of on-site activities including set-up, participant engagement, event breakdown and results tracking
- Lead day to day relationships with event vendors and other key partners/contributors to secure the best possible results for the client
- Become go-to subject matter authority on branded experiences
- Cultivate trusted relationships with clients and partners
- Understand clients' values and voice while leading consumer-facing communication
- Work with employees on career development and specialty skills
- Lead the account team through daily responsibilities, like meeting agendas and notes
- Lead cost management, budget tracking and timely reporting
- Balance related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and track record of leading all aspects of the delivery of events/experiences of all kinds; sports, entertainment, gaming, music, health and wellness, community service and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5 years of experience in a related field
- Experience with not-for-profits and/or basketball properties, leagues and/or teams is a plus
- Experience working across a combination of strategic, logistical and tactical projects
- Experience managing partner relationships including team partners, vendors, suppliers, and assets
- You exhibit grace under pressure and can think on your feet when executing live events and brand experiences
- Your organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities are strong
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express your thoughts clearly and effectively
- You possess a sense of humor and try to stay positive in all situations
- You know there is no "I" in team; no job is too small for you to pitch in or take on
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- You understand that working for an agency means travel and work weekends/holidays as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.