Acct Dir, Health & Wellness Client-Team Sports
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
THE JOB / Account Director, Health and Wellness Client - Team Sports Partnership
EXPERIENCES / Responsible for the day to day management of an exciting new partnership with a California-based NBA team for our health and wellness client.
Our team is searching for a dedicated and hardworking Account Director to lead a cross-functional team with the goal of building an outstanding partnership. You will play an integral role in the overall account team with a focus on our health and wellness client's partnership with an NBA team.
This position will lead the strategic development and day to day program management of all partnership assets. A brain for strategy, attention to detail, strong client management and interpersonal skills are all the name of the game! You'll have the chance to lead an experiential team, including an Account Manager and a Senior Account Executive; and all while receiving guidance and mentorship from a long-standing Octagon Group Director!
And while we're building a San Francisco based team, we know traffic can be the pits; we're open to candidates across the Bay Area! Don't let location hold you back from applying.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Serve as the primary relationship manager between the property and client
- Provide day to day partnership management, including leadership over all partnership assets and related POVs/recommendations
- Responsible for developing a team and the execution of 50 events
- Cultivate trusted relationships with clients and partners
- Lead brand integration and messaging across all partnership assets
- Handle fulfillment of any postseason rights/benefits as needed
- Lead all hospitality assets, requests, and appearances
- Own the development of the media strategy and fulfillment of assets
- Lead internal integration within the Integrated Marketing vertical and across the broader account team
- Oversee daily account team functions, like meeting routines, budget management, leadership presentations/updates, reporting, etc.
- Balance related duties/projects as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music, health and wellness, community service and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor's degree and/or 8 years of experience in a related field
- Experience with basketball properties, leagues and/or teams is a plus
- Experience working across a combination of strategic, logistical and tactical projects
- Experience leading partner relationships including team partners, vendors, suppliers, and assets
- Previous teamwork experience with internal and/or external groups and agencies
- You're a leader - compassionate, thoughtful and committed to perfection
- Your organizational skills, attention to detail, and multi-tasking abilities are strong
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to express your thoughts clearly and effectively
- You have a sense of humor and try to stay positive in all situations
- You know there is no "I" in team; no job is too small for you to pitch in or take on
- Your proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular PowerPoint, Word, Excel, is remarkable
- You understand that working for an agency means travel and work weekends/holidays as needed
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.