Accounts Receivable Accountant
Matrix Finance and Accounting
Seattle, Washington, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Position Title: AR Accountant
Type: Temp to Hire
Reports To: Controller
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Setup New Customers - Work with customer-facing personnel to collect information needed to set up new customers in Dynamics AX
- Bill customers - Work with customer-facing personnel and reading contract to create accurate invoices for customers that elect to be manually billed, for the various products sold, and send invoices to the customers.
- Monitor A/R aging - Regularly evaluate the accounts receivable aging and follow-up with customers to ensure payment is made or services are terminated. Including collections for past-due customers.
- Application of payments - Apply customer payments to invoices on a daily basis and credit customer accounts within our product database, using in-house subscription management software.
- Sales Tax - Verify that sales tax is properly being applied to customer invoices.
- Keeping Systems in Sync - Monitor subscriptions for manual invoices within our product billing system and ensure consistency with accounting/invoicing system (Dynamics AX), using in-house subscription management software.
- Volume-based Invoicing - Calculate billing amounts for volume based products, based on the various rate plans we sell to customers, and invoice both minimums and overages on a monthly basis.
- Record cash activity - Record cash activity in Dynamics AX related to credit card billing activity on a daily basis.
- Journal Entries - Prepare various monthly journal entries related to accounts receivable as part of monthly close. Such as accruals or deferred liabilities
- Reconcile A/R - Reconcile A/R, Credit Card Receivable, and related subledgers to the general ledger for month end close
The successful candidate with have the following characteristics:
- ERP accounting software knowledge, gmail, and MS Excel.
- Able to use proper English to write professional communications to customers and teammates
- Views problems as opportunities, not obstacles.
- Understands to risks and benefits of emphasizing speed versus scalable and exhibits judgment to determine which is appropriate in a given situation.
- Able to work without close supervision.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Is able and willing to work well with a combination of functional and technical personnel of varying levels, knowledge, and skills.
- Able to tailor communication style to the situation.
- Is intellectually curious and motivated to further develop one's own capabilities.
- 3+ Years ERP experience (preferably MS Dynamics AX experience)
- 3+ Years accounts receivable experience