Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant
Houston, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Temp to Hire Accounting Manager/Senior Accountant - Upstream Oil & Gas
- Manage and oversee daily operations of accounting department; responsible for day-to-day supervision and leadership.
- Monitor, analyze and verify accuracy of accounting data and produce financial reports or statements of the company.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and yearly accounting cycles.
- Perform monthly closing journal entries and account reconciliations accurately. Implement and maintain an adequate system of internal control.
- Proper accounting, reporting and timely payment of all royalties and severance taxes (Texas).
- Properly account for and classify all well expenditures and bill them to the respective wells/owners in accordance with the JOAs. Properly account for all G&A, Capex and LOE expenditures.
- Fixed Asset management including additions, disposals, and depreciation.
- Assist in preparation of statutory accounts reconciliation. May reconcile bank accounts, post to and balance general or subsidiary ledgers, and provide basic analysis of reports and data.
- Schedule and oversee annual auditing processes to be done in a timely manner.
- Maintain and segregate Sarbanes-Oxley documentation.
- Assist in development and implantation of new procedures and features to enhance workflow of the department.
- Participate in budgeting, planning and forecasting of asset capital expenditures.
- Act as a technical expert and undertake analysis to deal with complex accounting issues and provide recommendations upon which decisions can be made.
- Prepare and verify accuracy of monthly journal entries and accounting classifications. Make recommendations as to accounting reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA preferred
- More than 10 years working experience in Oil & Gas Upstream Finance and Accounting sector.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP compliance and internal control process.
- Experience with Excalibur and DocVue is a plus, but not required