Duskin & Duskin CPA's
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Executive Positions
We are seeking an Accounting / Audit Manager! You will be responsible for the effective management and profitable operation of your assigned department.
Locally owned & operated for the past 73 years. This is reflected in our culture and our people, who have a strong dedication to excellence in serving our clients and team members. We have been privileged to enjoy sustainability, growth, and success.
Duskin & Duskin CPA's LTD, is a dynamic firm that thrives on innovation, continuous learning, growth, support & leadership. The ideal candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to supervise staff, ensure Management's Directives are met, work independently and as part of a team.
The firm is a diverse practice with both midsize and small business entities, as well as individual clients, in a variety of industries including Franchising, manufacturing, service, and professional with a concentration in the Restaurant sector.
The successful candidate must possess a thorough understanding of US GAAP and ensure that GAAP is consistently applied in all areas to ensure the accuracy of the accounting records & related financial statements. The position is a highly visible and hands-on position with management responsibilities for day-to-day financial operations and the overall operation of the Accounting Department. The Position requires a commitment to the goals of the firm: growth, development and smooth functioning of the firm. It is pertinent that the Position works in collaboration with the team members. The position also works closely with staff to assist in month-end and year-end financial statements preparation.
The responsibilities & requirements listed below are representative of the job duties, knowledge, and skills requirements.
- Bachelor' in Accounting (Master's a plus)
- CPA Designation (current)
- Minimum of 10+ years Public Accounting Experience
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, QuickBooks online & desktop
- Effective & Consistent Oral & Written Communication Skills
- Ability to operate at a high level of expectation
- Leadership Skills
- Planning, coordinating, supervising, and executing audits in compliance with GAAP and regulatory requirements.
- Managing teams across multiple clients involving allocating work to staff and senior accounting team to manage audit, reviews, and compilations engagements to budget
- Develop, train, and mentor staff and senior accountants
- Research technical accounting and auditing issues
- Proficient with Book to Tax differences to communicate with Tax Department
- Manage and build client relationships
- Manage all accounting operations including A/P, GL, Payroll, Banking, A/R
- Work closely with Tax Department to maintain Fixed Assets Ledger, inclusive of additions, dispositions, and schedule of depreciation/amortization
- Identify and help implement policies to improve efficiency across the entire organization
- Interact with all levels of staff to produce timely internal and external reports requested by Management
- Additional Management duties as necessary
- Ensure that clients are compliant with loan covenants
- Possess a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate & timely, monthly, quarterly, and year-end write up
- Collaborate with other Managers to support overall department and firm goals and objective
- Ability to learn and utilize other software packages to benefit work product and firm
- Highly detail-oriented with strategic organization skills
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision and take the initiative
- Professionalism, positive attitude, personable
- Strong Relationship building skills for client contact and business development
Job Type: Full Time/Salaried Position