Denver, Colorado, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Our client located in the Denver area is searching for a Senior Accountant to join their thriving team.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Accounting Manager manages the General Accounting team, including the monthly GAAP close leading the review of journal entries, reconciliations, production of fact-based financial analysis which supports decision making and regional performance, development of appropriate control environment to ensure the safeguard of company assets, the establishment and maintenance of strong effective internal controls, ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the related regulatory and professional standards and leadership for regional finance issues. This position also has compliance accountability and/or responsibility for policies and procedures, the Principles of Responsibility, accreditation standards, and applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures compliance with the company's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Responds appropriately to observed fraud or abuse.
· Participates in the accurate and timely preparation of the regions financial reporting, both internal and external. Ensures that all financial statements and data fairly represent the financial condition of the organization and the financial statements are prepared in conformity with US GAAP.
· Coordinates and directs the preparation of fact-based financial analysis to support regional financial decisions. This responsibility includes coordination of various analyses to support the financial performance of the region and to assist senior management in understanding the results and making appropriate financial decisions. Demonstrated ability to ensure quality processes and continual process improvement.
· Manages the financial reporting of the region ensuring accurate data and support work to enable leadership to make effective regional financial decisions.
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 and the related regulatory and professional standards and leadership for regional finance issues. This includes the development of an appropriate control environment to ensure the safeguard of company assets.
· Responsible for the efficient, ongoing operation of the General Accounting Department through effective organization, selection, development, appraisal, motivation and retention of competent staff.
· Hires, trains and exercises overall responsibility for personnel under supervision. Develops strong cross-functional relationships with peer groups
· Develops metrics and accountabilities for department functions.
· Designs tools and develops data expertise to support operational productivity, analysis, and reporting.
· Establishes effective relationships with key internal and external customers.
· Actively participates in efforts to improve systems and processes.
· Develops and implements policies and procedures to support business and regulatory requirements.
· Provides leadership to accounting team members by planning and coordinating activities, helping as needed to prioritize workloads, and monitoring quality and performance.
· Understands work flows to ensure that best practices are applied and gaps are identified and remediated.
· Supervises assigned staff; including coaching, motivating, training, performance review, hiring, and terminating.
· Reviews and approves system testing and defect remediation, journal entries, reconciliations, and capitated payments.
· Oversees specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
· Leads the design and implementation of operational and system enhancements to ensure production capabilities are both effective and efficient.
· Leads cross-functional linked teams to address business or systems issues.
· May perform duties by working in conjunction with contracted or outsourced organizations.
· Analyzes financial data and makes recommendations to operating departments on various financial internal controls and risks.
· Responsible for SOX controls.
· Compiles, analyzes and prepares data for a wide variety of accounting reports and studies pertaining to costs, reimbursables, forecasts and expenditures.
· Assumes responsibility for planning, development, and implementation of effective accounting strategies, policies, and procedures.