Adtalem Global Education
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Government & Defence
Job ID 225
Institution Adtalem Global Education
Employement Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
The Accountant is responsible for various accounting processes including preparing journal entries, preparing reports, reviewing and analyzing data and preparing variance analyses. The Accountant will handle a variety of accounting tasks within the department and work as a team player.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares general ledger entries by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Manages policies to ensure accounting for all aspects within accounting and reporting comply with GAAP and SOX and ensure all policies are reviewed and updated.
- Adheres to internal control/compliance policy procedures and has high consciousness/awareness about the Code of Ethics.
- Completes other special projects, tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Some accounting related experience necessary, experience in public accounting or with a large firm preferred.
- Must be a team player with the ability to analyze and assess processes and make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills required.
- Must have the ability to facilitate teamwork and cooperation at all levels within the organization and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent PC skills are needed, specifically MS Excel.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
Who We Are
The purpose of Adtalem Global Education is to empower students to achieve their goals, find success, and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem Global Education Inc. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a leading global education provider and the parent organization of Adtalem Educacional do Brasil, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Chamberlain University, DeVry University and its Keller Graduate School of Management, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. For more information, please visit adtalem.com .