Accountant - Cash Accounting
Lake Mary, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
What you'll be doing...
You'll be working on a variety of cash accounting activities such as bank reconciliations, journal entries, verifying records, and resolving errors. Our financials can get a bit complicated and we have a few government regulations we've got to comply with as well. But our finance team is the best in the business-so come be part of the team that keeps our financial operations accurate, compliant, and running like clockwork.
- Reconciling cash accounts.
- Checking cash reports and fixing errors.
- Running models and updating databases.
- Assisting with monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities.
- Reviewing the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications.
You're organized and detail oriented. You can work independently. You're comfortable with data, and you've got a knack for spotting errors. You take a lot of pride in your work, and that's why people count on you to deliver.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- A degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (especially Excel), PeopleSoft, or SAP.
- Knowledge of FASB requirements and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- CPA certification (or are in the process of getting certified).
- SQL experience.
- Data mining experience.
- User system configuration experience.
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.