Account Trainee, Payment Svcs Client - Golf
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
THE JOB / Account Trainee, Payment Services Client - Golf
Integrated marketing / Responsible for leading Octagon's client business and day-to-day management of client programs.
If you're excited about professional sports, the tech industry and the latest buzz in sports & entertainment marketing, then find your next move on the Mastercard Golf Team as an Account Trainee!
This Account Trainee will work on the planning and execution of a payment services client's golf sponsorship platform. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with excellent organizational, communication, and process management skills, as well as a strong writing background. We offer a fun, energetic and hardworking team that is committed to building a successful sponsorship strategy for our client.
This position will support the team with tournament activations at The NORTHERN TRUST and key golf properties such as the PGA TOUR, Pebble Beach Resorts and Topgolf. Although this is a temporary position, it requires full time hours, including some weekends, nights and holiday travel/work.
THE WORK YOU'LL DO
- Build documents such as status reports, tracking documents and meeting notes
- Conduct research and presentation of the competitive sponsor and general golf landscape on a daily basis
- Oversee the event sponsor tracking list for each event
- Assist with inventory, ticketing and asset processes
- Track all sponsorship programs, record all pertinent metrics and organize in an Excel tracking document throughout the year
- Work with a team to plan and execute event marketing programs
- Manage adhoc special projects as they arise
- Travel, as needed
- Other related duties as reasonably assigned
THE BIGGER TEAM YOU'LL JOIN
Where others see complexity, we see possibility.
Octagon is the global sports, entertainment and experiential marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. But if that classification doesn't do it for you, and it shouldn't, let's take it a step further.
We are what we believe. And we believe that while the world of sports and entertainment is full of opportunities and possibilities, sometimes the amount of choice can seem a little overwhelming. Even daunting.
That's where we come into play.
At Octagon we inspire brands, talent, and our people to see the world for all its potential. We then help break down the complexity and push forward so you can make your next right move.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You have a passion for and expertise in sports, entertainment, gaming, music and/or celebrity & lifestyle culture
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 0-1 years of relevant internship/work experience
- Ability to take initiative on assignments and grow a dynamic skill set
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail while handling multiple projects
- Ability to think creatively and address set-backs with a positive mindset and teamwork
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Sports/event marketing experience and interest preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Sports and/or entertainment industry knowledge preferred
Octagon is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.