Chicago, Illinois, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
SUSE the world's largest independent open source company, helps customers, partners and communities be the difference in their spheres of influence. Through open collaboration and agile, enterprise-grade open source solutions, customers, partners and communities are empowered to simplify tasks, modernize environments and accelerate business innovation - ultimately reaping the benefits of measurable value and better futures. Our customer obsessed operating model means exceptional service, value, flexibility and customer choice, with no enforced lock in.
SUSE's open, open source approach helps our customers and partners move their businesses forward, transforming IT, delivering increased agility and faster innovation.
Objective of the role
Identify, manage and close new business for SUSE solutions in new or growing accounts (net new names)
Successful Account Executives at SUSE:
- Make & exceed quota
- Forecast accurately according to SUSE's playbooks
- Thoroughly understand SUSE's capabilities and positioning in the market and have a good understanding of related and/or competitive products and solutions
- Understand and articulate how to match SUSE solutions to their client's business issues
- Sell the right mix of products and solutions to address those business issues
- Are focused on top accounts assigned to them in the market and acquiring significant new sales opportunities
- Have a proven network of CxO level contacts into target companies
- Actively support SUSE's strategic indirect sales model by acting as "master orchestrator" of the sale in the ecosystem
- Maintain and expand a strong internal network and have a proven ability to creatively pull teams together to meet customers' needs
- Are a role model and mentor for others in the organization and are a trusted advisor both internally and externally, by demonstrating highest levels of integrity, the right intent, capabilities and results (see below - mindset and sales skills).
- Actively seeks continuous improvement, ensuring his/her 3S certification and selling skills are current at all times.
- University degree in a business-related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, preferably in IT / Data Center sales
- Demonstrates experience & success in selling the new business to top accounts and their respective initiatives/projects at the senior executive level
- Brings a solid understanding of the Open Source, Software Defined Infrastructure or Cloud market and related customer needs
- Experienced in selling in teams across organizational and regional boundaries
- Excellent relationship building skills - truly engages with contacts (including the recruiter/sourcer) and knows how to tell a compelling story
- In-depth and comprehensive knowledge of open source sales methodologies
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Willingness to travel and flexibility in working hours required
SUSE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status.