Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Corus Health is the proud recipient of Albuquerque's prestigious Top Workplace award for 2019! As a full-service home care and hospice agency providing a broad range of services to our customers, we are currently seeking compassionate individuals to provide companionship and emotional support to our hospice patients and their families.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* Skills commensurate with any services performed.
* Experience/ training in a related field and/or in volunteer activity.
* Comfortable with hospice philosophy, policy and practice.
* Good understanding of palliative care and support.
* Emotionally stable and willing to provide emotional support to the patient and family facing death, if patient volunteer.
* No personal experience with a spouse/parent/child death within the last year highly recommended
* Good written and oral communications skills.
* Ability to execute a supportive and sensitive approach to patient/family needs.
* New Mexico drivers license and availability of a car.
If you are passionate about helping others and interested in gaining experience in palliative care, please submit your application. Our Hospice Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to discuss the role and arrange for orientation and training. This is an incredible way to give back to those who need kindness and support during an emotionally difficult time of life. Our amazing Hospice Volunteers are an integral, valuable part of our amazing team, and we are grateful beyond measure for their kindness and support.