Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
Purchases spot equipment, materials, chemicals/catalysts, and service requirements for multiple business lines. This position would typically include a professional Buyer. Has extensive experience in the field in addition to experience in a particular buying industry. Possibly professional certification holder.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Processes a queue of requisitions and converts to purchase orders on a daily basis.
- Collects written proposals from vendors as needed.
- Conducts simple negotiations of pricing and general terms & conditions.
- Addresses invoice discrepancies from the purchase order or the goods receipt and approves invoice payment for any additional freight costs not accounted for on purchase order.
- Liaises with the strategic buyer regarding project or turnaround purchases and potential bundles
-Provides support to ensure timely invoice payment.
- Handles any PO (purchase order) maintenance for orders processed (e.g. update PO text, update delivery date, etc.)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
-Behavioral Skills: adapts, analytical, collaborates, communicates effectively, focus on customers.
- Functional Skills: PtP (Procure-to-Pay) knowledge, system utilization & efficiency, total system cost, apply controls mindset, application of business & procurement technical knowledge, service excellence, contract development, contract management, negotiating and influencing, relationship management.
Knowledgeable of SAP, Excel and Outlook. Proficient in GEP beneficial. Skilled negotiator. Self starter who manages their time well and can work independently. Understand materials and services purchased for use in a refinery/chemical environment.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.