Control System Engineer
Long Beach, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Our client, an Automation and Engineering firm, is currently seeking a Control System Engineer in Long Beach, CA.
The Control System Engineer is responsible for the technical leadership, delivery, development and implementation of control system projects. CSE is to apply engineering principles to design and specify PLC components, networking requirements, develop functional narratives and system specification and other related documents. CSE is expected to participate in troubleshooting and root cause analysis for control system related issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar discipline preferred.
- Five years of technical experience designing and implementing control systems with focus on PLC and SIS. (Rockwell and Triconex experience is preferred)
- Experience is startup assistance/troubleshooting is a requirement.
- Experience in the O&G industry is preferred.
- Experienced with distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers, safety instrumented systems is required.
- Experienced with various communication protocols (i.e. MODBUS, OPC, HART, ControlNet, and Ethernet I/P) is required.
- Familiarity with P&ID's, Logic Diagrams, Cause / Effect matrices, and Functional Narratives.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.