Business Development Director (Virtual Location Options)
Duke Energy Commercial Enterprises
Adak, Alaska, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us - help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
NOTE: the hiring manager is open to this position also being virtually located outside of North Carolina.
The function of the Business Development Director is to generate new investment opportunities for Duke Energy Sustainable Solutions and to execute on the opportunities. This includes greenfield project development, contract structuring, transaction origination, financial analysis and due diligence for utility scale wind, solar and storage investments.
• 50% -Advance greenfield and co-development wind, solar and battery development projects. Project manage development tasks and work closely with subject matter experts for project site control, interconnection, environmental studies, permitting, community relations, equipment supply, financial modeling, tax matters and marketing efforts.
• 35% -Identify and lead new greenfield, co-development or acquisition opportunities for wind, solar and battery projects. Lead development efforts from concept to completion.
• 15% - Prepare and participate in required transaction approval documentation and presentations for senior management approval and deal closure.
• Master's degree
• In addition to required degree, 7 plus years related work experience
• In lieu of Masters degree(s) AND 7 plus year(s) related work experience listed above, High School/GED AND 10 plus year(s) related work experience
• Master's degree in Business Administration
• In addition to desired degree, 10 plus years related work experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Utility-scale renewable energy project development experience
- Financial and business acumen, business strategy, executive level presentation
- Excellent problem-solving skills, optimistic self-starter
- Extensive knowledge of wholesale electricity markets, interconnection process, real estate contracts, tax abatements and renewable energy technologies & policy incentives
- Project siting experience including GIS / mapping experience
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)
Visa Sponsored Position
Posting Expiration Date
Thursday, November 18, 2021
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.