Rotating Equipment Engineer
Kintec Recruitment Limited
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Job Title: Rotating Equipment Engineer
Location: Doha, Qatar
Duration: 2 Years
SITUATION IN ORGANIZATION
Reporting to Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer (N 1) and Head of Mechanical (N 2).
Accountable for the development of maintenance engineering solutions to support maintenance execution team with the correct procedures, spare parts and technical specialism in maintenance and engineering of high value, complex rotating equipment. JOB
• Technical specialist in maintenance and engineering of high value, complex rotating equipment.
• Subject specialist in analysis of gas turbine, compressor and pump performance and condition monitoring.
• Technical evaluator for mechanical rotating equipment item stock procurement
• Develop Request for Modifications in line with procedures, specifications and Company standards for all rotating equipment and auxilliary systems.
• Responsible to engineer, design and manage Class II modifications with cost conscious, fit for duty approach for high value turbine machinery.
• Discipline focal for input to Class I modification projects executed by Engineering & Construction
• Developer of repair strategy / methods associated with high value turbine machinery, compressors and medium complexity pumps.
• Drive an Incident Free environment / mindset within the team and with all colleagues
• Promote and implement usage of conditional based maintenance technique within the field of its ownership
• Review performance acceptable criteria for Safety and Environmental Critical Element under its ownership
• Perform risk analysis on deferral raised on Safety and Environmental Critical Element under its ownership
• Suggest action plan and cost estimate on failing Safety and Environmental Critical Element under its ownership
• Ensure that preventive Maintenance are well aligned with HSE requirement and equipment best reliability and availability
• Provide input to the team weekly reports, Unio tracker and KPI
• Provide technical support to FOPS and other NOC colleagues where required.
• Develop fit for duty maintenance solutions
• Supply accurate technical clarification on what spares should be purchased within own area of expertise
• Responsible for replenishment of spare parts stock under its assigned ownership
• Develop scope of intervention for major preventive and on difficult corrective Maintenance
• Review and challenge design of brown field modification and greenfield project in term of maintainability.
• Assist in the development of technical content of discipline maintenance operation to be performed by offshore team, or campaign team or shutdown team
• Develop scope of execution for minor modification done by Maintenance
• Review technical solution for major modification done by Engineer and Construction
• Identify critical situations which may expose NOC to safety or production concerns
• Analyze recurrent failure and issue solution to improve equipment reliability & availability
• Coach more junior engineers within the team in their tasks
• Promote cost awareness and innovation within his/her workscopes
• Provide technical assistance for the definition of specialized service company
• Ensure that Discipline stock level are set at right level and replenishment are launch right on time
• Develop, with the TADM, the technical information required to create, update, block and delete references stored under its technical authority (in particular the General Specifications and QA / QC requirements), in close collaboration with the Stock Controller , specifically replenishment parameters. (MRP Type and MRP parameters).
• Responsible for new Spare Parts, ensuring they are referenced and attached to their equipment through the BOM in PALM
• Supply the TADM with the stock preservation operation to be carried out by logistics or specialized company for equipment under own area of expertise.
• Anticipate obsolescence, generate action plan for mitigation and present to N 1
• Identify opportunities to improve contractor/supplier interfaces, reduce costs and improve the quality of services/products supplied.
• All staff must be willing to participate in Crisis Response Training and to assist during Emergency Response Situations if required.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
Position is in a OPCO (JV) operating oil & gas facility with offshore/onshore (non producing) sites, based in Doha, Qatar.
The position is part of the permanent team and is on resident basis (5d a week).
Trip to offshore and visit to OEM/service company workshop are required on ah-hoc basis. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• BSc in Mechanical engineering or equivalent
• 5 years experience on an oil & gas field with at least 3 years at technical support level and at least 2 years in Mechanical maintenance level
• Significant technical design knowledge of offshore plant mechanical equipment.
• Demonstrate competency in area of specialism
• Practical knowledge of maintenance and inspection management tools (SAP module PM & MM)
• Significant knowledge and experience of offshore maintenance procedures
• Medically fit to travel to offshore oil & gas platform
• Results driven approach and attitude.
• Fluent in English (listening, writing and speaking) and its technical vocabulary