Oil and Gas Services
Doha, Doha, Qatar
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
· The NFPS EPCOL Project Engineer is responsible for broad technical and execution surveillance of the EPC contractor's engineering execution effort from the date of contract award through completion of Detailed Design. This includes stewardship of Engineering Surveillance, key work processes/procedures, Lessons Learned, and resolution/closure of technical action items from formal assessments and project reviews.
· Interfaces cross-functionally within the Project Team to align on objectives and execution plans. Executes special projects or initiatives as assigned by Engineering Division Manager to facilitate project management.
· Bachelors Degree in engineering discipline
· 10+ years of closely related professional experience, 5+ years of which should be at the Project Engineering level with focus on Engineering execution
Knowledge and/or Experience
· Broad and extensive knowledge of:
o Design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
o Offshore facilities design, construction, and operations
o Engineering execution
· Strong organizational, management, and technical judgment skills
· Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
· Make decisions in the general interest while pursuing business results
· Prepare contingency plans for the unexpected (pro-active, forward-looking)
· Proactively and continuously grow technical expertise in Facilities engineering disciplines
· Strong leadership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational, coordination, planning, and interface skills
· Excellent communication skills and ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
· Willing and able to travel as required