Finance Reporting Manager
Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
NES Fircroft are looking for a Finance Reporting Manager to join a major operator on a 28/28 rotation in Basra, Iraq.
The position is a key role within the accounting, reporting and control organisation that will contribute to monthly reporting processes and play a key role in mentoring and developing national staff whilst actively driving the modernisation/improvement of existing processes.
- Coach and mentor team of cost analysts responsible for budgeting, forecasting and cost control of business functions (HR, Finance, Procurement, IT
- Support the month end close process ensuring compliance with control framework and delivering high quality business-focussed variance analysis.
- Accountable for delivering a robust cash forecasting process to inform key business decisions.
- Line manager to inventory accounting team with focus on developing capability whilst simplifying/enhancing both process and outputs.
- Involvement in ad hoc continuous improvement initiatives across wider Finance team engaging with key stakeholders in the business as appropriate.
- Support the capability development agenda in Finance including mentoring high potential candidates pursuing professional accounting qualifications (ACCA).
- Agile resource able to adapt to changing business requirements
Criteria & Qualifications
- Arabic language skills beneficial.
- Finance professional with significant experience of accounting, reporting and control.
- Ability to manage a team independently including coaching/developing inexperienced team members.
- Must be able to multi-task in a high paced environment whilst maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Competent with financial systems with experience of SUN / Maximo beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to deliver quality results in a challenging multicultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize and remain flexible in developing environment.
- Excellent general computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint) with experience of PowerBI beneficial.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.