Stockton-on-tees, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
Primary purpose of role:
To work as part of the E/7 shift team which have a range of contracts that cover a variety of areas within the gas and electricity trading and logistics industry. The role will support the E24 electricity operations and to ensure all E24 gas and power contracts are serviced in line with each customer's requirements. To contribute to, and support the development and compliance of, all relevant commercial policies, procedures and strategies.
- Monitoring gas service user requirements, utilising the spreadsheet systems and, where relevant, complete various portfolio specific activities including but not limited to: Asset optimisation, UK gas trading, European gas trading, UK electricity trading, LNG deliveries and storage nominations, trade scheduling, National Grid interaction etc.
- Support the E24 electricity team through the delivery of non-trading validation, processing and data submission activities.
- Working closely with the Energy Management Team (EMT) and customers, continually monitoring live data and making recommendations in order to meet customer requirements
- Ensure necessary and effective communications (including data flows) are maintained with all parties
- Maintain procedures and update continually, ensuring that they remain relevant and user friendly.
- Monitor the UK gas market with a view to participating in trading on the market following strict codes of practice
- To be recognised as a specialist in this area by remaining up to date with industry knowledge, legislation, trends, key organisations and best practice.
- As required, undertake ad hoc projects, including secondments to other sites, specialist projects and presentations to designated internal and external customers.
- To act as a principal point of contact on designated specialist matters, providing high quality professional advice on relevant issues.
- To positively represent the E24 team, the work and services it provides to both internal and external personnel.
- To develop and maintain effective and supportive working relationships with other members of the EMT Department.
- Collation of information to ensure that all contractual obligations are met and that all notifications are submitted on a timely basis
- Continually stay up to date with changes in the UK gas market and customer instructions to ensure the highest standard of service is delivered.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.