Business Intelligence Analyst
Middlesbrough, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Business Intelligence Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the BI and ETL team. The role will be responsible for managing the data warehouse which all our key information systems have been interfaced to and to oversee the delivery of reporting though PowerBi by the creation and maintenance of curated datasets and strategic reports.
The role is primary focused on delivering and maintaining datasets, updating and creating new ETL processes via ADF and supporting PowerBi superusers developing reports.
Working for us is fast paced and exciting and the ability to adapt and work agilely is essential. We have traded well during the last year, beating expectations and have an ambitious strategy to grow by 75% over the next few years.
Flexible working / Remote working considered
Free Online e-learning is available
Friday Hours 8-13:30
- To maintain and evolve the various system interfaces and ETL processes between the source systems, Data Warehouse and the curated datasets. (ETL/ELT, SSIS, Azure Data Factory)
- To continue to develop our services data warehouse and the creation of schemas /views as well as evolving the architecture in line with best practice.
- To develop and maintain curated datasets from the interfaced systems in Power Bi
- Using Microsoft Power suite tools (Power Apps, Power Automate etc) to deliver business solutions from the data warehouse / SharePoint
- To support our Power superusers in the design and development of reports, dashboards and automated processes.
- To lead on the development of Strategic Power Bi Dashboards and reports which are used across the business.
- To apply and maintain role level security ensuing that data remains secure though data sets and reports
- Develop and update BI process maps that form the basis of the system Architecture and configuration.
- Experience developing new and maintaining ETL processes utilising different tools such as Azure Data Factory
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Strong technical acumen and the ability to analyse complex situations and effectively solve problems and drive an excellence culture.
- Ability to work independently and to drive forward developments
- Experience of ICT systems, technical development, testing and system implementation.
- Understanding of GDPR and good practice of complex data management.
- Significant experience of successfully working with a variety of stakeholders and able to communicate complex information simply.
- Ability to work with the wider Group ICT function in the efficient and seamless support of the system.
- Pragmatic approach, able to balance the ideal with the reality of what is needed today.
- Demonstrable ability to thrive in a complex, rapidly changing and demanding Globally integrated (but not centralised) business environment.
- Experience working with the Power Platform including Power Automate and Power Apps would be advantages but not essential.
- Experience of Dynamics Navision, iTrent, SharePoint would be advantages but not essential.
- Experience working with the Agile Scrum would be advantages but not essential.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.