Please scroll down, To apply
Pressure System Integrity Team Leader
Grangemouth, Stirlingshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
A fantastic opportunity to become the Inspection Authority for a large Top tier COMAH site.
- To define and operate a UKAS accredited Inspection Quality System to ISO/IEC 17020:2012 that determines fitness for service and demonstrates compliance with all relevant legislation as well as Ineos internal practices and procedures.
- To set requirements for the definition, execution and reporting of all inspection related activity against all static mechanical plant and equipment across all FPS assets in accordance with all appropriate legislation, but primarily the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (PSSR) 2000.
- Determine fitness for service of pressure systems equipment to ensure business goals and legislative requirements are met.
- Acting as Site Inspection Authority for Mechanical Equipment, and Technical and Quality Manger, set requirements (standards, practices and procedures), for implementation of in-service inspection of static mechanical equipment within the FPS business, to achieve business goals for SHE & Mechanical Integrity.
- Maintain UKAS accreditation for the Inspection Body in line with Health & Safety Executive & UKAS guidance, to provide assurance to the business and to external stakeholders.
- Acting as Site Inspection Authority, assess all requests for postponement of major examination and deferral of inspection repair orders, to determine if approved or rejected
- Manage the Pressure Systems team including prioritisation of workload, coaching individuals as particular activity or issues arise, develop the overall capability of the team and utilisation of the performance management process.
- Inspection Authority and fulfils the roles of âTechnical Manager' and âQuality Manager' for the UKAS accredited Inspection Body. The post holder operates a formal Quality System to maintain the Clients accreditation.
- As Inspection Authority and in order to maintain UKAS accreditation of the clients Quality System, the post holder must demonstrate independence and impartiality, i.e. freedom from commercial, operational or business pressures that may influence the post holder's judgement.
- The post holder is the Inspection Subject Matter Expert and is required to provide a response to all Inspection related queries, either in support of assessment by the Mechanical Technical Authority or direct from another source of the organisation.
- The post holder is required to have a thorough knowledge of the law as it applies to design, manufacture, operation, maintenance, inspection and decommissioning of mechanical equipment, (PSSR, PUWER, LOLER, HSAWA, PED, DSEAR, PSR & Offshore Safety Case).
Minimum Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer and Chartered Engineer.
- 15+ year's mechanical engineering experience covering pipelines, pipework, mechanical protective devices, heat exchangers, pressure vessels and fired heaters.
- Experience of fabrication, design, commissioning, maintenance, inspection, turnarounds and plant operations on high hazard upstream, refining or petrochemicals sites.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.