Hessle, North Humberside, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
The TAR Manager reports to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager within the Engineering & Maintenance Team. The role is accountable for the preparation and execution of Turnarounds for all production assets. Turnaround activity accounts for a significant proportion of the organisation's maintenance and Capital investment.
During the preparation phase, the TAR Manager will lead a team comprising employees and contractors, covering all aspects of TAR preparation from the initial setting of TAR deliverables. The role will own an established front end loaded TAR methodology and work in close collaboration with the production asset team, coordinating various parts of the wider Manufacturing organisation.
During TAR execution the role is overall accountable for the safe efficient delivery of the TAR, working with contract partners.
This is a multifaceted role with accountabilities which cover: leadership, SHE, scheduling, cost, quality and continuous improvement.
- Leadership - Assuring team performance through coaching and management in their role as a line manager and to the wider business whilst working with fellow asset leaders to optimise work execution
- Lead by example as a role model for values and behaviours, fostering the development of a diverse and inclusive environment
- SHE - embed SHE policy and values,
- TAR preparation schedule - In support of the production asset teams develop milestones and plans for Hull Site's multiple event TAR program in alignment with the TAR Common Process.
- TAR execution schedule - Work with the chosen TAR Managing Contractor(s) and production asset team to develop TAR execution schedules and manage delivery against associated execution milestones.
- Quality - Oversee execution against TAR work scopes and construction quality policies, being ultimately accountable for the quality of completion for all approved work scopes and post TAR reliability.
- Cost - In conjunction with production asset teams develop TAR budget forecast, and monitor and control actual costs through TAR preparation and execution.
- Contract owner for the TAR Managing Contractor(s) and oversight of all associated Target Cost, Fixed Price and Reimbursable contracts.
- Manager of the TAR preparation and execution organisation.
- Author of the TAR Objectives document and stage gate Decision Support Packages
- In collaboration with the production asset teams manage TAR scope optimisation to ensure both TAR objectives and business priorities are delivered.
- Drive Continuous Improvement in the TAR processes. Being an active part in TAR forums, peer reviews, benchmarking and other CI activities
- Ensure the TAR team are fully integrated and coordinating TAR preparation and execution with stakeholder teams including Production Asset, Procurement, SHE, Maintenance and Engineering.
- A strong understanding and capability associated with TAR / project management, including controls, contracts and procurement management
- Proven ability to manage TAR preparation FEED activities
- Proven ability to manage execution, coordinating maintenance, inspection, operations, projects and commercial activities / expectations
- Experienced in execution schedule optimisation
- An excellent leader with demonstrated track record of working across organisational boundaries to engage and motivate teams to deliver
- Good communicator with well-developed engagement and influencing skills
- Chartered Engineer status
- Expertise in continuous improvement
- Understanding of chemicals manufacturing and COMAH facilities.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.