Alford, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job Title: Electrical Technician
Job Type: Permanent
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
Salary: Competitive Salary
Location, Post Code: Saltend, HU12 8DS
We own and operate the 370 acre top tier COMAH site Saltend Chemicals Park (SCP.) With both world-class chemicals and renewable energy businesses, we're also strategically positioned on the UK's busiest ports complex, with ambitious expansion plans. As we continue our success story, we're recruiting an ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN.
Working as part of a brand new multi-disciplinary team you'll be providing maintenance support to a key customer's research and development facility. They are a global leader in delivering new low carbon technologies for business renewal and therefore you'll be supporting the operation of state of the art high temperature and high-pressure R&D scale chemical reactors including high throughput experimentation units, process scale-up units, distillation systems and a range of smaller scale screening units and analysers.
You'll do this by completing responsibilities including:
- Ensuring all electrical maintenance routines, defect repairs and projects across assigned operations are completed in a safe, efficient manner meeting SHEQ, business and legislative requirements.
- Completing high quality job reporting through the Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- Continuously identifying and delivering improvements to drive quality of maintenance execution.
- Contributing to procedures, work plans, project scope documents and contractor work scopes.
- Time-served electrical apprenticeship and NVQ 3 or equivalent electrical qualification
- Investigation, troubleshooting, planned repairs, predictive & preventative maintenance, installation and fault finding of electrical equipment knowledge, skills and experience.
- Correctly & safely working to business, legislative and discipline requirements.
- Knowledge & application of electrical systems: electrical starters, motor control centres, earthing systems, and protection methods & testing.
- Updating and interrogating maintenance management systems.
More information: May be found in the job description & person specification for this role/position.
Closing date: 15th October at 12.00 noon
Please note this role may close early or be extended depending on the volume of applications.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.