Senior Automation Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Applied Intelligence (AI) is currently recruiting for a Senior Automation Engineer to support one of our UK projects.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected as required. This position can be either staff or contract.
The Senior Engineer will s upport the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Provides expertise in at least one Automation Technical Area, PLC, SCADA, Cyber Security, Network Design
- Responsible for identifying / defining the Automation and Controls requirement / solutions for the client
- Implements the defined Automation and Control solutions
- Supports the Lead Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Applies integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms.
- Engineers' technical aspects of automation project design and / or implementation for assigned activities
- Implements the configuration, database and / or programming activities for assigned activities
- Prepares engineering studies and software design documentation
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent demonstratable experience
- Significant experience and competency in Automation and Control Engineering
- Good general knowledge of each Automation and Control engineering discipline
- Experienced in writing software specifications
- Detailed experience with multiple system implementation project and / or control system platforms
- Experience in Brownfield upgrades / replacement automation and control projects
- Rockwell PLC and SCADA systems experience is advantageous
- Lagoni SCADA experience is advantageous
- Experience of addressable F&G systems
- Experience of Microsoft SQL
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, methodologies and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Knowledge of modern automation and control applications, tools, methodologies, or equal training / experience
- Good working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software / tools and trends
- Inquisitive, well organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment with a desire and ability to build trust and respect throughout the team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.