Project Engineering Manager
Stockport, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
JOB TITLE: Project Engineering Manager
REPORTS TO: Engineering Project Director
LOCATION: UK initially then relocate to USA with frequent national and international travel will be required
The Project Engineering Manager provides overall engineering leadership within the project management team for a new greenfield major project (>$1Bn TIC). The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for the overall technical integrity and engineering delivery.
Overall project value: >$1bn
Direct reports: 8
Engineering strategy and plan development and leadership
- Develop and agree engineering design and execution strategy, detailed plan and engineering standards for the Engineering Contractor with the project management team to ensure approach is aligned with business priorities. Engineering standards need to satisfy the needs of the company, industry codes & standards, local & national regulatory bodies, process licensors and other major stakeholder requirements
- Lead and coach the functional engineering team on all technical areas, developing an open environment for raising issues and finding solutions
- Develop approach to manage further Alpha projects as required by business utilising resources in the most efficient way
- Provide engineering leadership across all project teams, inputting into the procurement, construction, commissioning and project control areas to ensure schedules are fully integrated and aligned
- Provide leadership and direction to the contractor engineering team for all project engineering matters in line with the engineering strategy and standards
- Ensure that the engineering design of the process plants, utilities and off-plots and site infrastructure are fully integrated, and that the interfaces are fully defined and understood.
Design assurance and risk management processes
- Agree and implement the design assurance plans and ensure all engineering actions are completed on time e.g. HAZID, HAZOPs, SIL
- Assess any new risks as they arise within the engineering area and provide options and solutions where appropriate
Management of engineering processes
- Develop and implement the project specific engineering processes and procedures ensuring that appropriate use is made of digitalisation and processes are documented appropriately so they can be used for further projects
- Lead the team to ensure there is full understanding of procedures, standards and processes
Engineering design delivery
- Manage the day to day engineering activities to deliver a safe quality design, resolving issues in a timely manner and making appropriate decisions
- Ensure that the engineering sequence and activities are delivered to meet the project schedule
- Assess all technical concessions, deviations, management of change in accordance with the project co-ordinations procedures
- Ensure that the front-end and detailed engineering design carried out by the engineering contractor, equipment and packaged vendors, module suppliers, process licensors and proprietary equipment suppliers is carried out in accordance with the relevant US and state legislation, Engineering Codes and Standards, licensors' process design packages, SHE and Project Excellence (PEX) standards to meet the overall objectives of the project requirements.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.