Please scroll down, To apply
Stockport, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
JOB TITLE: Project Construction Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager
LOCATION: Stockport then relocate to USA for 4 years
Contractors: up to 1500 in construction team
- Lead on all construction matters, providing technical expertise to the overall project delivery strategy and project programme as well as supporting the main contractor construction activities
· Lead the development of a fully detailed construction schedule iwhich clearly defines the "Path of Construction" and is linked to activities in engineering, procurement and commissioning.
- Lead the Construction Management Team (CMT) ensuring a world class SHE performance is delivered at all stages during the project.
Design and planning
- Ensure the construction contractors have adequate and suitably qualified staff to undertake the management of construction
- Ensure that during design development the Constructability Methodology is fully considered, bringing construction knowledge and experience to all stages of the project. This will involve input to several Constructability, Modularisation and Hazcon reviews throughout the design phase.
- Provide technical assurance for all construction issues.
- Ensure the Contractor fully develops the temporary construction services plan required to construct the plant.
- Ensure the main contractor produces appropriate enquiries for construction sub-contractors
- Manage the productivity, monitoring, and delivery of work through the ownership of job methods, procedures and work execution processes
- Manage the mobilisation and de-mobilisation of construction sub-contractors on site.
- Monitor any industrial Relations issues that arise on the Construction Site and ensure they are handled and resolved with due regard
- Carry out SHE audits of the contractor's construction activities.
- Manage and deliver site works to meet commercial conditions of contract including minimising delays and claims for variations.
- Ensure the formal and administrative procedure are in place for the acceptance of the and handover of the plant
- Ensure that suitable means of reporting progress are established for the construction phase and the report accurately reflects the actual status.
- Be highly motivated, innovative, adaptable and have a very high concern for ethical and business standards.
- Degree qualified plus a safety qualification such as NEBOSH diploma, previously held the role of Construction Engineer with at least 15+ years working on major projects particularly in the chemical, petrochemical or oil and gas projects, including front-end, detailed design and construction phases including handover to operations.
- The jobholder will be an experienced construction professional and will have produced and implemented construction execution plans on previous large-scale projects.
- Knowledge and experience of Modularisation and Advanced Work Packaging techniques are essential.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, strong people management skills and interpersonal awareness coupled with good communication, influencing and able to build and maintaining internal and external relationships
- The project will be constructed on a new site located on the USGC region, but earlier phases of design, procurement and fabrication will take place in multiple UK / US and global locations. The job holder must be prepared to undertake national and international travel during the course of the project.
- You must have unrestricted UK working rights to be eligible to apply
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.