Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Role Title: Crane Equipment Engineer / Maintenance Specialist
? The Maintenance Specialist ~ Mechanical Handling Equipment, will report to the Solutions Senior Lifting Engineer.
? They will be the focal point for all maintenance activities related to pedestal cranes and mechanical handling equipment.
? This will include all maintenance planning, performance, and execution support to sites across Production & Operations to ensure mechanical handling equipment reliability & availability is maximized to ensure safe, repeatable, compliant and efficient lifting operations.
? They will Identify maintenance risks, intervene and escalate potential issues before they impact safety or business performance.
? They will also facilitate and drive continual improvement to maintenance strategies, maintenance metrics, trending & reporting to close gaps and maximise opportunities.
? Identify mechanical handling maintenance risks, intervenes & escalates potential issues before they impact safety or business performance
? Consolidates and collates mechanical handling maintenance performance data from across P&O.
? Works in partnership to cause corrective actions to deliver efficiency gains without compromising safety, risk management and compliance
? Implementation, integration & improvement of maintenance strategies and implementation programmes
? Identifies equipment criticality
? Provides âflow to work' SME support to emergent maintenance activities where approved by the Senior Lifting Engineer
? Performs duties of mechanical handling equipment owner, related to maintenance strategies and equipment performance
? Provides lifting equipment integrity, from initial purchase specification through equipment's life cycle
? Provides deep technical support across P&O and confirms regulatory requirements and all relevant maintenance standards are applied
? Endorsement of lifting plans, prepared by others
? Verifies competency of maintenance personnel and contractors performing mechanical handling maintenance related activities
? Provides direction and SME support to maintenance related learnings and investigations
- Significant experience of pedestal crane maintenance, including preventative maintenance routines, work deferrals, work execution & work prioritisation
- Significant experience and understanding of pedestal crane systems, including PLC systems, hydraulics, hoist winches, pumps, motors, hoist ropes, diesel engines, instrumentation and control/safety systems
- Significant relevant experience and proven track record in mechanical handling maintenance activities associated with major offshore operating production facilities
- Relevant experience of offshore pedestal crane operations.
- Significant relevant knowledge of pedestal crane and lifting national and international legislation, regulations, standards and practices
- Relevant experience of lifting equipment purchase, testing, inspection and maintenance.
- Relevant understanding of performance standards and barrier health
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.