Business Development Manager
Lyon City, Lyon, France
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
As Business Development Manager you will join our client's office, in the city centered office in Lyon and directly report to our Country Director France / Spain. You will be responsible to identify potential projects, and for managing all activities required to deliver successful solar design-build projects.
Our client - leading international brand in solar project development, construction, operations and asset management.
- Identify and qualify sites with high photovoltaic potential - PV (large roofs and ground mounts);
- Definition and implementation of the commercial strategy to increase the portfolio of large-scale PV projects.
- Participate in the development of the project portfolio with projects of proven feasibility and profitability.
- Prospect and transform the sites identified into projects secured by our client.
- Complete the signing of lease promises and leases as well as obtaining municipal deliberations favorable to PV projects - preparation of offers.
- Regular reports on the progress of prospecting and site identification.
- Monitoring of clients and landowners during the development phase of projects, maintaining the link between clients and our client.
- Represent the company during key meetings and propose photovoltaic offers to owners and town halls.
- Develop relationships of trust and proximity with customers, administrations and prospects.
- Monitoring of competition and maintaining our client in market offers.
- Technical support for the feasibility of projects, their components, and financial aspects.
- Internal feasibility study in conjunction with the teams.
- Support in the conduct of negotiations with businesses and local administrations once the promises have been signed.
- Provide support in obtaining all project authorizations if necessary.
- Identification and management of risks - provision of solutions - internal communication on the subject of identified risks.
- Negotiation, conclusion and signature of contracts related to projects (in particular leases);
- Assist management in the development of marketing documents, advertising, website, press releases and training materials for ground projects.
- Participate in the analysis of the market and its prospects and establish the marketing and sales plan.
- Pilot and manage communication campaigns, distribution of offers (direct mail, pre-study, announcements, advertising)
- Coach one junior business Development Manager
- Degree in commercial area or engineering related discipline.
- Native French speaker and ability to speak English at a professional level.
- Proven track record of land acquisition and project development.
- Ability to work as a team to meet tight deadlines, with a results-oriented and proactive approach.
- Ability to travel domestically when required.
- Preferable to have experience in PV sector.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.