3D Designer II
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
Under Armour is seeking a 3D Industrial Designer to work with Product Designers and Project Development to build mind-blowing digital prototypes that represent and preserve design intent and ensure the technical content of the data is accurately portrayed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Primarily work in Rhino 3D, Keyshot, Photoshop and some Adobe Illustrator for the creation and manipulation of life-like Digital Footwear.
- Proficient in Rhino 3D. Surface modeling and solid modeling techniques. (Sub-D Modeling ,UV mapping,
Z-brush, Maya, and Grasshopper is a plus.)
- Pro-active communication skills to assist teams with UA's 3D sampling processes and workflows.
- Ability to generate accurate 3D models using data from 2D sketches and Ai drawings.
- Must have high quality, hyper-Realistic, 3D rendering skills and
- The ability to compose simple animations.
- Meticulous Organizational skills to maintain a database of all 3D assets from factory partners
- Actively support projects digital assets from tech pack generation through commercialization
- Learn product manufacturing process and terminology and use this knowledge to translate information to workable prototypes and effectively communicate to Foreign and UA teams.
- Develop technical competencies to understand the use of materials, construction characteristics, mold making and costing that correspond with the athletic equipment market.
- Must stay current in relative technologies. Candidate has an innovative mindset with technical problem solving skills and the ability to learn and explore new digital tools.
- Ability to travel locally and internationally on occasion.
- General knowledge of rapid prototyping equipment such as Objet, z-corp, Sls, sla, fdm etc...
Please provide a portfolio of related projects, 3D Models and Renderings.
Mentor teammates with technical 3D advice.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
•A Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, Engineering or relative to 3D graphics and visualization. (or a really advanced 3D skill-set)
•5+ years of 3D work experience
Under Armour is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, ancestry, color, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, creed, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, language, age, history of conviction of criminal or summary conviction offence that is unrelated to the employment or to the intended employment of that individual, social condition, receipt of public assistance, political convictions or beliefs, physical or mental disability, handicap or the use of any means to palliate a handicap, marital status, sexual orientation, civil status, family status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by protected status.