2019 UK Graduate quantity surveyor scheme
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job description - what will you be getting up to?
Our quantity surveyors accurately predict the capital cost of asset investment programmes and projects. Join us and you'll be working with an innovative team of quantity surveyors, cost management consultants and cost engineers.
Our teams work throughout the project's life cycle. They predict the financial impacts that property or infrastructure assets have on a client's business model - at the project's inception, during delivery, on completion and throughout the assets' life.
This role is exciting, challenging and varied. You'll work on real jobs from the start and you'll be involved in valuations and financial statements along with the preparation of estimates and cost plans. You'll be responsible for creating monthly reports and standard documentation while helping to prepare and analyse tender documentation. You'll gain valuable experience every step of the way and will have exposure to contract reviews and settlement of construction.
It doesn't stop there. Our work spans a variety of sectors including environment and water, nuclear, oil and gas, property, and transportation. The exposure you'll receive from our multidisciplinary projects will stand you in good stead for a flourishing career.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for quantity surveying, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved, or are expected to achieve, a 2.2 or above in a quantity surveying or quantity surveying related degree. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in project management through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate good report writing.
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet's most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we're committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme - is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just a job. We know this and so do you. That's why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
From the moment you join us, you'll receive the training you need. You will be assigned a chartered mentor, who will guide you to meet the objectives of your professional training agreement. We'll support you on your journey towards gaining chartered status with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online. You'll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us. We understand that every person's career goals are different, therefore we tailor make each individual's development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You're probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you'll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you'll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you're given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you'll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That's why with our flexible plan, you'll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn't just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.