2019 UK Graduate aviation scheme
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Job description - what will you be getting up to?
Our aviation team work together to assist senior planners, engineers and analysts in the delivery of major and minor projects. Join them and you will be involved in all of this while ensuring that defined client objectives across a variety of aviation disciplines are being met. We're one of the world's most experienced aviation consultancies. We provide aviation advisory services to governments, civil aviation authorities, airport companies, equity investors and providers of debt finance so there really is no better place to start your career. We've provided project finance, business planning and transaction advice for $75bn worth of airport assets in over 100 countries whilst working at a number of the major airports around the world.
You will have the option to work within the following areas:
- Airports and master planning services: you will be helping to develop master plans and provide design services with a focus on optimising use of existing infrastructure and appropriate further development for our clients.
- Aviation transaction and business advisory services: our clients have a number of vital aims. This is where your expertise and passion comes in. Join this team and you will provide advisory support to clients ensuring they understand the capital and operational costs of investing in airports whilst managing financial risk.
- Sponsors and contractors: providing advisory services to sponsors and airport concessionaires, you will be given the opportunity to advise on managing infrastructure and assets at airports. Our experts provide services in relation to airfield engineering (pavement and AGL design of runways, taxiways and aprons) and project management for major airport development projects.
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion for aviation, and a desire to make a difference in the world. If this describes you, apply today to launch your career at Mott MacDonald.
To apply for this scheme, you will have less than 12 months experience and have achieved a 2:1 or above in one of the following degree disciplines:
- Airport management or Airport planning
- Air Transport Management
- Civil engineering,
- other aviation related discipline
- Economics, Finance or Business Related
When you apply you will be asked to choose which areas you are applying for; your area choices should reflect where you are passionate about starting your future career. You should be able to demonstrate your interest in your chosen area through relevant experience, such as studying relevant modules, or previous work experience.
We are looking for graduates with the following characteristics:
- Methodical approach to problem solving
- Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
- Excellent written communication and attention to detail, and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
We're a global engineering, management and development consultancy focused on guiding our clients through many of the planet's most intricate challenges. By challenging norms, we're committed to making a positive contribution to the wellbeing of our staff as well as the environment, communities, and market places in which we operate.
About this scheme - is it the right one for you?
A graduate scheme should be more than just job. We know this and so do you. That's why with this programme, we aim to give you the experience and technical knowledge you need to progress your career.
What else is involved?
With our innovative graduate development portal, you will be able to effectively track and plan your personal and professional development online. You'll be enrolled onto the Mott MacDonald Academy, a development programme which runs alongside your professional development scheme. The programme introduces you to key business and commercial competencies, helping you to drive your career forward with us. We understand that each person's career goals vary, therefore we tailor make each individual's development programme to suit them. With our vast library of e-learning courses available to you, you can choose which direction you want your career to go in.
You're probably wondering what else is on offer. Join us, and you'll get:
- Biannual salary reviews: we believe that hard work should be rewarded and recognised. Therefore, for the first three years of your career with us, you'll have biannual salary reviews.
- A competitive salary: In addition to biannual reviews, we will ensure that you're given a salary that matches the current industry standard.
- Contributory pension: we have the best people on our team and we like to look out for them. With our support, you'll have all the advice and options you need to be able to invest in your future.
- A flexible benefits scheme: our company is made up of a range of different people and we understand that different people want different things. That's why with our flexible plan, you'll have the ability to manage the range of benefits we have on offer, to suit your specific needs.
- A variety of subsidised sports and social activities: work isn't just about work. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. Each of our offices have a dedicated and active sports and social team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.