012980RL Informatica Big Data Movement in Smithfield, RI (W2 ONLY, loc
Smithfield, Rhode Island, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
The expertise we re looking for
- Bachelor s degree or higher in a technology related field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, etc.) required, Master s degree a plus
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in architecting, designing and developing highly scalable distributed data processing systems
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in implementing batch and real-time Big Data integration frameworks and/or applications,
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in one or more modern Object Oriented Programming languages (Java, Scala, Python)
- 3+ years of experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Stash).
- Experience and comfort executing projects in Agile environments (Kanban and Scrum).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale Big Data engineering applications,
- 10+ Years of IT experience
- In-depth understanding of Hadoop Echo System & HDFS File System
- Experience with Hive & Impala (must have minimum three years hands on experience)
- Working experience with Oracle databases, PLSQL Programming is must
- Experience with data ingestion tools SQOOP
- Working experience with ETL Informatica.
- Experience with Spark - Understanding of Spark architecture and internals.
- Experience with ETL using Spark SQL &
- Experience with cloudera distributed version of Hadoop
- Exposure/Knowledge of streaming apps like Kafka and/or Flume is an advantage
- Experience with shell scripting, control M
- Extremely good interpersonal skills with ability to work with cross functional teams located across geographies
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritizes tasks, and quickly adjusts in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively with geographically dispersed team.
- Ability to handle complex information with accuracy and attention to detail.
- A methodical, investigative and inquisitive mind; together with creative abilities.
- Excellent conflict management and negotiation skills
- Eager to learn and continuously develop personal and technical capabilities.
- High level of commitment, initiative, vision and enthusiasm
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
- provided by Dice